Eckert Fine Art is now located in the historic village of Shekomeko, NY, exhibiting the paintings of Eric Forstmann, the sculpture of Boaz Vaadia and Michael Kalish along with 19th through 21st century “American Masters” in the art world, such as Jasper Johns, Robert Rauschenberg, Frank Stella, Jim Dine, Alexander Calder, Chuck Close, Larry Rivers, Andy Warhol, Andrew Wyeth, George Inness and Ernest Lawson. Jane Coats Eckert is currently Chair of the Director’s Advisory Council at Mass MoCA (Massachusetts Museum of Contemporary Art), www.massmoca.org/leadership.php and has served as Secretary of the Fine Art Dealers Association (FADA). In addition to the gallery, Jane is a Founder and Board Member of Energy Pioneer Solutions based in Hastings, Nebraska and is a partner in Coats Wright Art and Design in Carmel, Indiana.
JANE COATS ECKERT BIOGRAPHY
Jane Coats Eckert’s roots are in 19th and early 20th century American art. For 15 years she lectured and published books on artists from that era. Early in her career, she met artist Robert Rauschenberg and formed a friendship that would last until his passing.
In 1996, Jane opened a gallery in Naples, Florida featuring the finest of Modern and Contemporary art. She curated many important shows at museums and in galleries, including:
- 1995-1996: “Theodore Clement Steele: An American Master of Light” at the Evansville Museum of Art, History, & Science in Evansville, Indiana.
- 1996-1997: “Winterworks: Robert Rauschenberg & Darryl Pottorf” at the Naples Philharmonic Museum of Art in Naples, Florida.
- 1999: “Rauschenberg/Pottorf” Show at the Butler Institute of American Art in Youngstown, Ohio
- 1999: “L.A. Uncovered + Quattro Mani” a joint show by Robert Rauschenberg & Darryl Pottorf
- 2000: “Art and Archives” an exhibition on painter Pierre-Auguste Renoir
- 2000: “Ruminations + New Series” a joint show by Robert Rauschenberg & James Rosenquist
- 2001: “Skrebneski: The First Fifty Years” by photographer Victor Skrebneski
- 2002: “Beamer Paintings and the BMW Art Car: A Retrospective” by Robert Rauschenberg
- 2002: “Don Gummer: Lyrical Constructivist” at the Evansville Museum of Art, History, & Science in Evansville, Indiana.
- 2003: “The Gates, a Project for Central Park, New York City” and “Over the River, Project for the Arkansas River, State of Colorado” by Christo & Jeanne Claude at the Gallery of Fine Art at Edison College.
- 2004: “Chinese Landscapes + Seven Chinese Characters” a joint show by Robert Rauschenberg & Roy Lichtenstein
- 2005: “Robert Rauschenberg Masterworks,” Munich, Germany
She also curated exhibitions for such artists as Julian Stanczak, Mel Kendrick, Tony Bennett and Charles Arnoldi.
Jane has published many books and catalogues on art, including:
- EFA, etc., a book detailing the repertoire of artists represented by Eckert Fine Art
- The Hoosier Group: Five American Painters by Judith Newton and Dr. William H. Gerdts
- Fruit, Fabric, Cash, Clouds: Eric Forstmann Works 1990-2007, a book that complimented an exhibition of Eric Forstmann at the Butler Institute of American Art in Youngstown, Ohio
- Interior/Exterior: The Work of Eric Forstmann, a book that complimented exhibitions of Eric Forstmann at the Kemper Museum of Art in Kansas City, Missouri and the Evansville Museum of Arts, History, and Science in Evansville, Indiana.